This is an initial youth work qualification that is available to young leaders 14+, volunteers and sessional staff in affiliated clubs. It will be possible to attend the sessions without completing the qualification, however as most of the workbook has been designed to be completed during the course it should not require too much additional time/commitment.
The course is designed so that the taught elements and completion of the workbook/portfolio can be completed as part of the course. You will need to complete some practical activities but you should be able to achieve these as part of your normal youth work sessions.
You will either attend 6 two-and-a-half-hour evening sessions or 3 six-hour sessions (the later includes a break for lunch).
- Session 1 – An introduction to the youth work sector
- Session 2 – Communication and group work skills
- Session 3 -Delivering a youth work programme
- Session 4 – Safe practice within youth work
- Session 5 – Self-assessment for youth work practice & working with young people in the local community
- Session 6 – Portfolio building
During the course you will be supported by your manager/youth worker, trainer and an assessor.
For additional information please email or phone 0118 909 0927