With the rollout of the new health curriculum, it became mandatory in 2020 for all state-funded schools in England to teach first aid to their students. We believe it is really important to give children and young people the opportunity to feel confident and to learn new skills in order to provide basic first aid in an emergency situation. As well as this, we believe that first aid education also develops a child or young people’s self confidence, self esteem, their ability to cope in emergency situations as well as their understanding of risks.
Berkshire Youth are pleased to be able to offer a variety of options for first aid training for children and young people with the aim:
- Berkshire Youth Young First Aiders (Primary Schools)
- Berkshire Youth Young First Aiders (Secondary Schools)
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (16+)
- Mental Health First Aid (14+)
- Youth Mental Health Champion (16+)
For more information please contact us by email or phone 0118 909 0927.