DofE programmes consist of non-competitive voluntary activities for young people. Anyone aged between 14 and 24 can take part in DofE programme.
There are three levels of DofE programme which require increasingly more time and commitment from young people:
- Bronze: start at 14+ years old
- Silver: start at 15+ years old
- Gold: start at 16+ years old
With four sections (five at Gold level), there are hundreds of activities that young people can choose to do:
- Volunteering – from helping at an after-school kids club or running an
awareness campaign to raising money for a charity or working on a
recycling project, young people can get out and help others
- Physical – from football to yoga, swimming to skateboarding, participants
take part in a sport, dance or fitness activity, showing improvement over time
- Skills – participants learn a new skill or develop existing talents. With choices
from DJing and science to drama and zoology, the sky’s the limit!
- Expedition – through planning, training for and completing an adventurous
journey in the UK or abroad, young people develop initiative and a spirit of
adventure and discovery
- Residential (Gold level only) – participants take part in a shared activity
away from home with people they don’t know. For example: a conservation
holiday, a language course or helping on a kids activity camp…
Participants keep track of their progress and get their Awards approved by their Leaders through our online record keeping system, eDofE.
For more information please contact us by email or phone 0118 909 0927.